Sunday, February 27, 2011

Forest Girls with Bear Shiny

my dear goodness it has been forever! 

For about a month, I was sucked into doing Backstage crew for a local production of the musical Grey Gardens Which is a musical inspired off a documentary made in the 70s of a mother and daughter pair of spinsters. It is really an interesting show and really, there is a lot of lovely and very 70's fashion in it that is lovely so I really think you all should check it out! It is really interesting. :)


Because of crew there was a major lack of internet in my life and my considering I was only able to be on at most 10 minutes each night, not to mention my computer was taken away about 3 times by my family >.<
Considering this, I really did not have much time to anything but check my email and I was always tired my the time I got on that I could not do much intelligent real surfing of the web I would typically do, so I became very Tumblr oriented. 

Tumblr is amazingly addicting and there is a continuous stream of lovely photography and fashion that I adore! I have always had an obsession with forests, pretty vintage things and natural colors, so naturally when I came across Mori girl style on tumblr I was instantaneously obsessed!

Mori girl is a Japanese street fashion meaning "forest girl"  involving long flowing skirts, thick warm and vintage knits, natural and light makeup and laying of lots folksy vintage pieces. The style is very natural and pretty and I am in love with it!
A few pictures in particular that I have posted on tumblr and are my favorite:










I just love the colors and the layers!
I have noticed myself beginning to dress a bit more mori every day! It really is not a high fashion or very well known style, but from the looks of it, it might become more popular in just a little bit.
I really adore the whole concept behind the style, a girl living in a cozy cabin by herself, everyday taking in the simple and prettiest things of life and nature! Aaaah! I love it so much! ^-^

I really don't have much else to say for now but I'll be back soon. I will leave you off with a picture of myself that I took recently for tumblr posting purposes :D

everything that I am wearing is thrifted from the local Salvation army family store except for the cardigan which is second hand from a friend :)

see you all soon and lots of love! <3
~Bear Shiny


All pictures references and sources should be listed on my tumblr page!
 Tumblr: http://takeoursweettime.tumblr.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ysisarahlds

1 comment: