Monday, January 24, 2011

Golden Globes 2011

  I was looking for an excuse to procrastinate on papers tonight and decided to write up my review on the Golden Globe Awards this year! The whole night I was taking notes on the dresses the stars were wearing and the winners of the Golden Globes themselves. I'm a really huge dork if you haven't noticed. It's time for me to turn on some Of Montreal and start reviewing! I'm going to begin with my all time favoritest person at the Golden Globes, Natalie Portman. I love her work! I'm so glad she won best actress for Black Swan! She truly deserved it! That was such a difficult role to play! Her dress was so cute too! Since she's going to be a mother soon, her dress needed to be maternity-friendly. She ended up wearing Victor & Ralph in pink with a rose near the top! I thought it looked great on her!

 
Isn't she classy? I thought this dress looked really gorgeous on her! She's just too beautiful! Since I could probably go on all day about how amazing she looks, I'm going to have to stop myself here and move on! As much as I enjoy Carson Daily, I thought his co reporter for the event, Alexa Chung, a favorite of mine, upstaged him on the red carpet! She had such personality talking to the celebrities like they were all great friends of hers. I couldn't find too much of her in her dress (bright red Valentino, mind you), but I did find a picture of the Valentino model wearing it down the runway.

Alexa looked so cute in it as she entertained me for that somewhat boring hour before the actual show. She also revealed her three favorite dresses, including Natalie Portman's! Besides these two adorable dresses, I would love to keep going on and on about all the things I saw at the pre-show. But to save you the trouble, I'm just going to post pictures with captions that give the details on who wore it, designer, etc...

The gorgeous Scarlett Johansson in Elie Saab! Looks as stunning as ever!

The adorable Amy Adams in Marchesa

Carrie Underwood wearing Badgley Mischka

Christina Aguilera, whom I'm not too big a fan of, wearing a gorgeous Zuhair Murad dress

I know Helena Bonham Carter might be getting a lot of crap for this dress, but I love it! Vivienne Westwood made it look great! It suits her so well! (PS, she should've won best supporting actress for King's Speech)

I love Sandra Bullock's Jenny Packham dress! It's so beautiful!

Another favorite of mine, Tina Fey, looks amazing in Lauren Scott. (sp?)
Now onto the dresses that I thought were a little bit..... horrible. I don't want to give too much thought to them, so I'm not even going to bother putting the designer down. (Plus I'm lazy and need to start working on other things soon)

Good try, Jane Lynch. Did you try to copy Ke$ha and make a dress out of a garbage bag too? Oh, and you also shouldn't have won the Golden Globe for Glee. Just saying.

Oompa Loompa Doompedy Doo, I've got another question for you. Why does she look like a tangerine in a shapeless dress? Emma Stone's new makeover isn't "Easy A" on the eyes.

Looks like Angelina got the ugly Christmas sweaters out a little late this year...

Who knew you could turn a snuggie into a dress, Catherine Zeta-Jones?
Moving on from the harsh criticism... Wait, not done yet. I wasn't happy that Glee kept winning everything. Their second season has been... ok. Just ok. Bear Shiny and I aren't big Glee fans, and we weren't too pleased with the results in the comedic tv show catagory. Also, I did see The Social Network. I mean, it was good and all, but I don't see why it won everything. The King's Speech and Black Swan I would place higher in the rankings than The Social Network. And I don't hate the Social Network at all, I loved the screenplay and knew that would win no doubt. Pluses for the evening were the Best actor and actress in a motion picture drama. Colin Firth in The King's Speech and Natalie Portman in Black Swan were excellent! If you haven't seen these movies, I recommend both of them with all of my being! Also, I really enjoyed Ricky Gervais. I know he got a lot of crap about "going over the boarder," but at least he made the night entertaining. The next awards show coming up is the Grammys! You can most certainly bet that I'm hoping the best for Florence + The Machine for best new artist! We'll see how that goes! It's time for me to get to work!

Cheers, Bobby Socks

No comments:

Post a Comment