Friday, January 14, 2011

It's been awhile...

I apologize to all of you for being such a lazy person! Finals have been killer this week and I haven't had much time to post anything. Now that I have a longer weekend, I can finally get around to writing about some stuff. Since the last time you've heard from me I've cut my hair (See picture below)!  I've also received a new, red laptop with a webcam, meaning I can upload some screen shots I've been taking such as....
A picture of yours truly geeking out to some Narnia in horrible quality!  Anyways, along with all the new stuff I've mentioned thus far, I've also been listening to quite a few new bands! One in particular (that my amazing hairstylist suggested) is called Eisley. As soon as she mentioned it, I started geeking out, since Mos Eisley is the name of a place in Star Wars... 

Their stuff has sort of a rock feel (always a plus), but their acoustic songs and live performances make me love them even more! The members of the band come from the same family and they have written their own music since they were little kids. I suggest you all check them out on youtube or their website http://www.eisley.com/index.php/. (PS, they have an album coming out in 2011!) Moving on, Bear Shiny and I were at Borders last night skimming through the new collection edition of Vogue. We saw quite a few of sheer pants and shirts in the Paris shows, and we weren't too pleased about it.
                                                                                                


Something only Liza Minnelli would wear. No thanks. Something that did catch our eye, however, were two collections each with their own unique themes going on....


Alexander Mcqueen's spring collection that appeared in Paris looks like something out of Narnia! All the dresses in the collection are very unique, and I love the element of nature the designs have to them! (Not to mention they all look extremely magical) You can see the whole collection at http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/corporate/archive2011_sslook_womens.aspx?section=show_collection_lookbook




The Louis Vuitton summer collection for 2011 didn't disappoint! After the last season that came out, (a personal favorite of mine for last year) filled with long skirts and vintage-looking pieces, I had high expectations for the summer. The thing that I enjoy the most is the use of color in the collection, down to the painted toenails of the models! I love all of the bright, oriental-infused pieces designed by... I want to say Marc Jacobs. I'm pretty sure he designed it! Ads are already designed for this collection, and I love the makeup for it




You can see the whole fashion show here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_audWRKX48

I was disappointed at Miu Miu's collection, since I'm an avid lover of their feminine designs, but their shoes were fantastic! You can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIBumv3yGUQ. I also recommend looking at the other designer's collections in the recommendations box. Unfortunately, I didn't get to finish the magazine, or find out if Tommy Hilfiger or Dolce and Gabbana had collections in it!

Also a new thing! In one of my last posts, I wrote that I wanted a less boring coat. Yesterday, I bought a new blue coat for $10! Should post pictures soon!

Keep warm and have a great winter! I'll try to post much more often!

Cheers!
Bobby Socks

PS, Golden Globes are Sunday! I'm very excited to see what my favorite stars will be wearing! (Sounds like a good idea for my next post...)

No comments:

Post a Comment