Saturday, January 1, 2011

personal reflection with bear shiny



 So, I do not know much about you guys but I know personally that I have been involved in and signed up for many, many, different social networking sites over the years. Since about 2008 I truly became involved in internet everything!

  One site in particular that I have been on and off with is dailybooth.

Dailybooth is practically what it says it is, its a website that you post a picture of yourself daily to show after years of growth how much you change. There is a huge community behind it, you have your trolls, plenty of hipsters, LOTS of scene kids and many many more or less normal people. (I would kind of like to consider myself apart of the "normal people" but meh, I'm crazy)

Well, the reason why I am bringing this up is because I have been posting on dailybooth since about early 2009 which really baffles me because that basically means I am coming up on three years now in about two months. 
scary. 

Due to the new year, I decided to go through my pictures and reflect on the ways that I have grown and changed from age 15 through age 17.
And let me tell you now, there is a lot!

 Its crazy to think this is my from 2009, I mean that was forever ago! I grew put of that shirt within a month, I broke those head phones after two usages, and I avoid having myself stay up that late on the computer during a school week. ( it was 3:00 in the morning in this picture!)
Summer 09'

(upper left)  freshman year 2009 when I was in the school musical as a cave lady
 (upper right) The freeze of 2009 winter
(lover left) Church christmas party of 2009
(lower right) summer of 2009 wearing a vintage hat (can't find it anywhere any more!)


 (top) First time going to salvation army, I got a TON of jewelery! (lost practically all of whats in the picture though)
(middle) Photo of my self highly edited, one of my favorites :)
(bottom) 2008, when I made The Ben Folds lip-sync of You Don't Know Me"


 These are actually the most recent of my pictures from the last 1-4 months. I think that there is a signifigant difference and you look through the pictures of the ways I have grown.

 Dear goodness so much! 
I feel as if I have solidly changed for the better. I have grown more confident in wearing what I really want to wear, I feel more independent, much less internet and camera awkward, and most of all more comfortable with who I am. I think that these pictures really show that way that I have grown. I feel as if this is a representation of the future possibilities That I have.
I would like to take this moment to recognize a few new years resolutions;

  1. regular blog posts that are NOT weeks upon weeks apart
  2. original images and photography of my own or that really and TRULY inspire me rather than simple examples
  3. regular video making on my youtube page
  4. more confidence in who I am and what I want to be
  5. no soft drinks! (they are horrid for you!)
  6. read more, like a LOT more
  7. &, continue to do all the things that make you happy
This is me at the moment of posting this blog, I hope to be here a year later with another post of some solid reflection. If you have any new years reflections of your own or resolutions that you want to keep this year, leave a comment and I will try to respond and help to support you all the way! I hope you are all inspired to start a dailybooth so that you can have something visual of yourself to look back at. I suggest it completely!
See you all soon!

<3 Bear Shiny





No comments:

Post a Comment